Friday 27 April 2012

In which I reveal the silliest embroidery ever

I embroidered Twilight Sparkle, the main character of the animated tv series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I've never watched this - I don't know if it's even on air in the UK.  But I was taking part in a swap on the Ship of Fools and my swap partner had said in a thread long ago that he loved My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  I grew up in the 1980s and loved My Little Ponies, so I thought I'd embroider Twilight Sparkle for him!

My swap partner has now posted to say he's received it (and loved it I think!) so I can post the picture now.  The hoop is probably 4 inches in diameter, I used long and short stitch for the body, stem stitch for the mane and tail and satin stitch for the eyes and horn. 

For the record, Applejack is the best My Little Pony ever.  Fact!


1 comment: